Carl and I brewed this on Sunday, demoing the all-grain process to Eric, an extract brewer looking to make the jump.
- 17 lbs of Pilsener malt
- 3 lbs of Wheat Montana 7-grain cereal *
- 0.5 lbs honey malt
- 145F for 45 minutes
- 158F for 20 minutes
- 2 ounces of German Magnum (11% AA) for 60 minutes
- 2 ounces of Mt Hood (5% AA) for 25 minutes
- 1 ounce of German Tettnanger (4% AA) for 25 minutes
- 2 weeks between 50F and 60F with W34/70, the famous Weihenstephan lager yeast.
- 2 weeks @ 38F in a lagering fridge
*This is a mixture of hard-red spring wheat; soft-red wheat; soft-white wheat; oats; barley; rye; triticale; and spelt.